Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To formulate the Customs & Excise Portfolio strategy and associated delivery plans related to multiple practice areas, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation by providing assistance with prioritisation, planning, management and reporting of a programme of projects and related activities to achieve Customs & Excise Portfolio objectives.
- Monitor overall progress and initiate corrective action as appropriate, including updating project managers’ plans, to ensure that deliverables are produced on time and within budget.
- Ensure that the organization’s project methodologies, procedures and governance are followed on all projects and programs.
- Drive regular formal reviews of the programme and its achievements, to assess critically the work carried out, project risks, benefits obtained and report on project and programme progress.
- Develop tactical strategy and delivery plans in support of functional objectives in partnership with leadership.
- Ensure that a change programme is in place to ensure the achievement of the objectives that have been set and that the business benefits are realised within the terms of the business case.
- Ensure accurate estimates of scope, schedule, resources, assumptions, and risk for the organisation solution.
- Manage and co-ordinate the programme’s Customs & Excise portfolio of projects, on a day to day basis, to ensure maximum efficiency in the allocation of common resources and skills.
- Lead the risk management planning for the solution and ensure compliance with the delivery frameworks and security/privacy policies.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and direct the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation.
- Put in place systems, processes and measures to ensure that exceptions, slippage and issues of priority are effectively managed.
- Drive complex projects/programs from design and development to production in line with project deliverables, goals and milestones.
- Create a positive work climate & culture to energise employees & give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area
- Build strong relationships and develop service level agreements that promote SARS with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop & implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery & efficiency targets, on budget & in partnership with specialised areas.
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Tax Knowledge
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Knowledge
- Project Financial Control and Reporting
- Customs Knowledge
- Relevant Honours / Postgraduate Diploma (NQF 8) AND 10-12 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at management level or Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 15 years related experience.
- Programme and Project Management
- Effective Business Com
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lebombo, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A