Website University of the Witwatersrand
To be responsible for overseeing the document management systems within Central Records Office (CRO) to ensure that records follow through the lifecycle of records and that they are captured, stored, maintained, retrieved, shared, protected and destroyed as per the retention schedule of the University. To ensure that proper records management procedures are followed when records are captured, stored and retrieved on the system and proper quality control is done on the system.
- Quality control the digitisation material captured on the system
- Train staff in digitisation and any other related software when required
- Assist the Manager CRO with supervision of staff responsible for digitisation on the system
- Coordinate the implementation of Sharepoint site within CRO
- Developing and documenting procedures and best practices for digitisation
- Planning and coordinating the digitisation of materials stored or transferred to the CRO
- Capturing and importing digitised materials into document management systems
- Assessing, evaluating and prioritising materials for digitisation
- Assist the Manager CRO to manage document management systems projects within CRO
- Digital preservation of digitised and born digital materials in the CRO
- Applicants must have advanced excel skills such as VLOOKUP, index match, Pivot tables and reporting and VBA and Macros.
- Applicants must have good computer literacy e.g. Ms. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Applicants must have practical trackable experience in electronic content/ document management systems.
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to priorities tasks
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Information Technology, preferably B. Tech Information Technology/BSc Computer Science or B.Com. Information Systems, B. Information Management/ Information Science plus at least three years post qualification experience.
- B. Tech in Information Technology /BSc Computer Science/B. Com Information Systems/B. Information Management/ Information Science
- Applicants must have business analysis and system analysis experience
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in digital asset management/enterprise content management systems/ document management /information management systems, preferably, in a higher education environment
Company: University of the Witwatersrand
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Application Deadline: N/A