Website South African Police Service - SAPS
- The Section Head: Financial Services is directly accountable to the Component Head: Governance and Corporate Services;
- Ensure compliance with information security standards as prescribed by the Minimum Information Security Standards and relevant legislation;
- Manage and utilise all resources (human, physical and financial) allocated to the immediate post environment in accordance with relevant directives and legislation.
- Manage and control the budget and financial management section in line with policies and directives;
- Manage and control financial expenditure and auxiliary services;
- Manage and control salary administration maintenance as well as all bookkeeping aspects;
- Manage the Advance office as well as Travel Centre processes;
- Relevant training and development in an Executive Development Programme, Leadership and Management Training, and/or Programme and Project Management may be an added advantage;
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain a security clearance to the level of Top
- Applicants must be fluent in at least 2 official languages, of which one must be English;
- Must be a South African citizen;
- Applicants must have a valid motor vehicle drivers’ licence;
- Applicants must have specific working knowledge of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (DPCI) mandate and functions (SA Police Service Act 68 of 1995);
- An applicable higher qualification/post graduate qualification related to the post.
- Secret before approval of appointment (if not already in possession of such a valid security clearance).
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a three (3) year Diploma or Degree (accredited by SAQA on NQF level 6 or higher).
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ appropriate managerial experience in the field of the post.
- Preference may be given to applications in possession of qualifications in Financial Management/ Accounting or Commerce/ Public Management/ Supply Chain Management/ Administration/ Policing or other relevant field of study;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A