Website RCL Foods
We at RCL FOODS are in search for a Payroll Controller to join our Group Services Division. The role will be based in Pretoria West and report to the Payroll Manager. RCL FOODS is looking for an incumbent to manage the business unit, Millbake, payroll function and generate accurate and timely monthly payrolls. This incumbent is also required to work with HR and other departments to improve payroll processes and analyse the business units’ payroll-related statistics.
- Provide overtime provision reports to business units.
- Conditions of Employment Act and the Skills Development Act.
- Ensure that any correspondence relating to the payroll is properly actioned and filed.
- Manage the end-to-end processing of business unit payrolls.
- Liaise with staff and management on payroll-related queries.
- Interpret awards/agreements and contracts in relation to overtime, shift allowances etc.
- Ensure that all amendments are properly recorded (filed) with good narratives and properly authorised.
- Liaise with personnel in maintaining and updating employee information (i.e. new employees and leavers, sick pay, etc as required).
- Prepare for audits and work with internal and external audit teams
- Provide business with information on BBBEE for reporting purposes
- Coach and support staff where necessary to achieve objectives.
- Supervise staff leave and general time management issues in line with organisational deliverables and standards.
- Manage the issuance of IRP5/IT3(A) certificates.
- Maintain the currency of the various analytical reports designed to aid business understanding, including comparatives to prior years, business sectors and budget.
- Calculate and process termination payments.
- Process increases and calculate back pay.
- Assist the Payroll Manager with month-end consolidation.
- Ensure that payslips are produced accurately distributed to staff after checking for errors or omissions.
- On a monthly basis, analyse actual paid per employee by department, showing all relevant remuneration, allowance and deduction components.
- Compile and maintain leave, sickness and overtime reports.
- Manage deadlines relating to payroll capture, submission, payment and reporting
- Manage the request and processing of tax directives.
- Monitor staff performance and provide regular feedback.
- Supervise staff activities, ensuring service levels are met and protocols are adhered to.
- Compile the monthly regional headcount report with narratives regarding movements and employment types.
- Assist in departmental payroll budget preparation.
- Overseeing payroll of +/- 2000
- Experience in an FMCG or similar large environment – advantageous
- 1 year SAP experience (preferable)
- Excel – Intermediate / Advanced
- National Diploma in Accounting/Payroll/Bookkeeping or B.Com in Accounting
- 5 years of experience in a payroll function
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria West, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A