Website Kolomela Mine
As a General Accountant you will support the General Accounting Supervisor in delivering timely, accurate and complete financial information to stakeholders. You will also be responsible for supporting a robust control environment.
- Responsibility for month-end close activities
- Update and complete SOP’s process documents
- Complete and submit all relevant statutory and regulatory returns performed by the accounting team.
- Execute escalation process to support effective service delivery
- Any other tasks as and when required
- On a monthly basis process all relevant transactions in the general ledger with special note on overdue items and making appropriate disclosures to the General Accounting Supervisor
- Responsible for processing all journal entries into relevant ledgers and submission to the General
- Accounting Supervisor for review in a timely manner
- Ensure the integrity of the balance sheet by preparing general ledger balance sheet reconciliations, investigate and report on financial discrepancies and overdue items.
- Ensure controls are adhered to and executed
- Drive adherence to safety
- Assist in the preparation of the KPI reports
- Support deadline management
- Follow up and ensure that audit requests are submitted
- Focus on recording, completeness and measurement of all transactions
- Exposure to Accounting Systems
- Fluent in Business English
- Valid Driver`s license
- 2 Years general accounting experience
- Accounting experience in the mining industry/corporate multinational environment. Eligible to become a member of a recognised accounting body. (Recommended)
- BCOM Accounting Degree/ National Diploma or equivalent B degree at a recognised institution.
- Member of a recognised accounting body (Recommended)
Company: Kolomela Mine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rosebank, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A