Website Kolomela Mine
The Quality Inspector is responsible for assisting in the Quality Control process and contributing to all activities related to action planning, execution, and data remediation. Role may include assisting with action plans and documenting suspected and/or significant deviations through the Quality Management System.
- Assist in developing in process conformance documentation.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding rejections.
- Builds relationships across disciplines by sharing business information and knowledge to enable the attainment of operational objectives
- Develop strong working relationships at all levels across disciplines, including Management at Venetia Mine.
- Control the allocation of work to ensure the achievement of results according to client needs and work area objectives.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Ensure that data books and documentation are compiled as the work progresses by Conducting Level 2 Data Book Compliance Audits.
- Monitor and adhere to legislative and corporative compliance requirements.
- Maintaining quality records and reports (As required).
- Monitor and contribute to a culture of zero harm through a meticulous focus on health, safety, environment, and security strategies.
- Monitor and demonstrate corporate values, code of business conduct and code on dealing with employees.
- Would also be responsible for in-process inspection throughout the repair process as well as final inspection when component is ready for delivery to client.
- Ensure that calibration requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform and document all Quality Control requirements as specified on manufacturing orders and purchase orders in the form of measurement and assessment of customer
- Conduct inspection to establish whether the installation of component complies with the specified installation requirements
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to
- Coordinating quality related activities with project management teams
- Share and transfer knowledge and information to strengthen capability in peer team.
- Identify relevant training needs in line with the outcome of own performance appraisal and compile a personal development plan to assist in taking ownership of own learning and development.
- Successfully obtained a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine
- Your consideration for employment is subject to: SAPS Criminal Record verification and a valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License. / Qualifications Verification/ Relevant Psychometric and Technical Assessments
- Quality Management qualification or certification will be advantageous.
- Code B (08) Driver’s License
- Five (5) years of Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) work experience is Essential.
- Three (3) years’ experience in Quality Management and/or related fields of Construction Quality Management is Essential
- Grade 12 Certificate
- N4 Engineering Studies – Electrical or National Diploma – Electrical and Trade Certificate: Electrical / Millwright Essential
- Three (3) years’ Mechanical/Structural and Electrical inspection experience (Mining Related Equipment) will be an advantage.
Company: Kolomela Mine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Musina, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A