Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Dietician (Permanent on Demand post), based at Life St Dominic’s Rehabilitation Unit, reporting to the Therapy Services Coordinator, Carina Basset. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring delivery of uncompromising quality care in line with Company Strategic Objectives and applicable Health Legislation.
- Contribute to weekly team and family meetings
- Educate patients and their families about the patient’s condition and diet requirements
- Professional therapy service implementation in accordance with Life Healthcare protocols and procedures
- Provide dietetics clinical services to all patients admitted to Life Rehabilitation Unit, including on weekends and public holidays if required
- Keep accurate and timeous records and reports
- Effectively respond to queries and handle accordingly
- Promote and maintain sound and productive relationships with referral sources and stakeholders in the field of Rehabilitation.
- Attend and contribute towards Continuous Professional Development activities of the unit
- Supervise and train of university students, if required
- Function effectively as a part of an interdisciplinary team to meet the requirements of quality patient care
- Conduct assessments, recommend specific diet plans to patients with neurological disorders such as TBI, CVA, SCI, multi-morbidity conditions such as COVID, Guillain Barre, etc.
- Commitment to quality patient care and customer satisfaction
- High level of competence in dietary prescription for patients with swallowing difficulties, PEG, tracheostomies, SCI and other neurological conditions
Qualification & Experience:
- Pass Verification assessment (i.e., Criminal check, etc.)
- Experience in multi-disciplinary care
- Degree in Dietetics and current HPCSA registration
- Experience in hospital-based dietetics management
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A