Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Clinical Engineering Technician, based at Life St Dominic’s Hospital, reporting to Cedric Ramabulana, Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and co-ordination of all major facets associated with medical equipment technology within the hospital.
- Perform first line repairs, modifications and installations on equipment, utilizing the necessary test equipment, in accordance with the standards and recommendations of original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and/or governing agencies
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections of equipment in line with Group Engineering and OEM protocols
- Be actively involved with the Capex system, understand and manage lease and rental agreements as applied to the hospital
- Active involvement in the selection and acquisition of medical equipment technology that is fit for purpose and application, and up-to-date with current developments and best practices in the healthcare field
- Consult with Physicians, Nurses and peers in the field, to evaluate equipment and determine the correct specifications and standards of the required equipment as per the Group Engineering protocols
- Perform formal operators training and monitor competency compliance by arranging training with vendors for hospital nursing staff and equipment end-users.
- Active involvement in maintaining an accurate computerised asset management system as per Group Engineering protocols.
- Active involvement in determining medical equipment replacement requirements for the hospital
- Control and management of maintenance conducted by suppliers and acceptance thereof
- Obtain and perform pre-acceptance inspections according to ECRI standards on new, demo and loan equipment
- Member of the Clinical Engineering Association of South Africa (CEASA)
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in clinical / bio medical engineering or Diploma in electronics
- Experience in maintenance of medical equipment in a clinical environment
- Experience within, and understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A