Website Life Healthcare
Vacancies exist for the positions of Registered Nurses in the Cardiology Ward at Life Wilgers Hospital, situated in Pretoria. The above position reports to the Unit Manager. The successful candidates will contribute to the effective functioning of this unit and ensure quality nursing care to all patients.
- Identify training needs and initiate facilitation.
- Effective risk management of the unit by complying with Health, Safety and Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Effectively participate in the management of costs in the unit ( stock, staffing, equipment).
- Conduct basic duties as allocated by the Unit Manager.
- Ensure quality patient care and customer satisfaction according to Life Healthcare Policies and Procedures.
- Management of other categories of nursing staff according to their scope of practice and ensure effective record keeping.
- Maintain sound professional relationships with all patients, relatives doctors and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Must be willing to fulfill a role in the ward according to the flexi-hours and rotation system.
- Competencies required: Good planning, Strong interpersonal and Organising skills, team player, very energetic, performance orientated and able to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Must be a qualified Registered Nurse and be registered with SANC. Experience working in a private hospital environment is preferred, yet not essential.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with Cardiology patients will be an advantage.
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A