Website Marriott International
During the Orientation year, Hospitality Management Trainees work in all the different departments of the hotel and Professional Cookery Trainees work in all the different sections that form part of, or contribute to, a hotel kitchen operation. This is to gain practical insight into hotel operations and to decide whether to apply for the 3-year long program.
- Orientation Trainees are required to follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats; move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 5kg without assistance; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Team player – works well as an individual and with co-workers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Highly self-started, motivated individual who thrives in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Matric Certificate and/or Statement or Results (if currently in Matric, please submit your September report card)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 22; and not turn older than 22 in the year being applied for
- Matric (Grade 12) certificate or equivalent accredited NQF or NCV Level 4 qualification
- Must have passed all 7 Matric (Grade 12) subjects; preferably each subject must be achieved at 50% and higher
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A