Prepare special meals or substitute items. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared. Communicate assistance needed during busy periods. Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials. Inform Food & Beverage service staff of menu specials and out of stock menu items. Ensure the quality of the food items. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods.
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- At least 3 years of related work experience
- No supervisory experience is required
- Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A