Oversee the end to end operational management of the Broker Region through effective people and region management in order to foster excellence in client centricity, increased productivity and effectively align operational sales and client services.
- Ensure a reduction of wastage through the prevention of fraud, resource management and policy claim ratios and the prevention thereof.
- Develop, implement and manage a risk management strategy for the region than drives compliance to the relevant legislation.
- Implement, utilise and oversee the effective utilisation of the Distribution Management Operating System to monitor and manage financial performance.
- Ensure efficient client service and administration processes are implemented, maintained and managed within the region.
- Be a member of and make positive contributions to Professional Bodies and stakeholder groups
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Identify entrepreneurial opportunities, trends, threats, and environmental influences related to the region in every interaction and remain passionate, resilient, focused and organised.
- Monitor and track Broker Consultant performance to ensure that Broker Consultants meet or exceed agreed productivity, production and quality targets.
- Ensure that segmentation insights, information and toolkits are used by Broker Consultants to guide Financial Service Providers (FSP’s) to identify and reach target segment customers.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Manage the Broker Regional sales target and interpret emerging trends (competitor, market intelligence etc.) and opportunities for Broker Consultants to enhance sales activities.
- Develop, implement and manage a People Capability plan that ensures that the function has the human resources and skills required to deliver on the strategy for the short-, medium- and long-term.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of sales plans, in collaboration with the Broker Consultants, to increase new sales opportunities and penetration levels.
- Manage the effective and efficient delivery/implementation of all projects impacting on the region.
- Manage a client service excellence culture which builds enduring relationships and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Drive the adherence to high ethical standards and ensure legislative and internal compliance within the region.
- Identify, attract, appoint, grow, engage, reward and retain top talent to drive strategic execution.
- Manage the introduction of new channels for client interaction in order to improve client services against service expectations
- Manage and monitor activities of Broker Consultants through market allocation to ensure that each Broker Consultant has adequate and appropriate market access opportunities.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Ability to speak African languages or multi-lingual (preferred)
- FAIS Representative Regulatory Exam Level 5 passed
- 5 years’ sales management experience in a similar role in the life insurance industry
- Understanding of financial services retail distribution channel business
- 4 years’ management experience, one of which is overseeing the rendering of financial advice to fulfil the duties of a compliant key individual and be registered with the FSB, and another year in the rendering of financial services
- FAIS Key Individual Regulatory Exam Level 1 passed
- Valid drivers licence and own transport
- FSB recognised qualification listed or credits pertaining to the date of first appointment in the industry, listed on the most recently published
- Board notice as published for recognised qualification, to fulfil the duties of a compliant supervisor.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A