The purpose of the Senior Business Analyst role is to act as a liaison between the business and technical development teams to ensure business requirements are understood and translated into system and process functionality in order to support the development of innovative solutions to enable business objectives.
The Business Analyst will work with stakeholders from all business units (both internal and external of Momentum Insure) and related third parties to gather, record and test user requirements for new and existing technology initiatives and changes to processes and systems.
- Define reporting requirements and integration points on affected components using, amongst others, diagrammatic representations.
- Define the success criteria using scenario testing and test cases to ensure that testing covers all aspects of the business specification.
- Collaborate with various business areas and teams to ensure integration and consistency of solutions across business.
- Effective and consistent service delivery and support to all internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that expectations are managed.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional service.
- Manage stakeholder query processes and ensure that queries are tracked, accurately resolved and used as a mechanism to improve client service and business processes.
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance internal service delivery.
- Participate in testing and validating the functionality of all technical solutions in line with business requirements on completion of development to ensure that business requirements are met in the implemented solutions.
- Ensure the quality delivery of requirements and business process specifications that meet the agreed deliverables in line with best practices and business process.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with solutions teams and a variety of end-users to ensure requirements compatibility and end user satisfaction.
- Contribute to translating the business goals into design in line with systems architecture.
- Participate in the solution design process to make recommendations to create and enhance solutions that are innovative, re-usable and sustainable and solve complex business problems.
- Good facilitation skills; ensuring all stakeholders participating, dealing with different personality and behavioral styles, stimulating out of the box thinking, ability to effectively summarise and capture salient points.
- Strong communication skills both in a 1-to-1 and larger group setting.
- Relevant Business Analysis qualification/certification from industry recognised training institution
- Proven experience in implementation of large projects
- Ability to engage with audience; obtain requirements; obtain buy-in for the concept/proposal.
- Ability to liaise with staff and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong communication both in a relatively technical context as well as with non-technical users and other communities.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present to audiences at all levels using different media.
- Ability to converse comfortably with the technical teams and gather more information if required.
- Relevant Tertiary Information Technology or related qualification
- Exposure to/experience in the Short-term Insurance industry will be an advantage
- 7+ years experience in business analysis
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Centurion, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A