Website Mr Price
To maximize sales and net profit for the department by sourcing and constructing an appealing product assortment; of distinctive value, at the best price, aligned to the company’s strategic objectives which delights the customer’s in store experience. Ensure accurate product life cycle management throughout the merchant cycle. Constantly manage a multi season view (current, previous and future).
- Compile a product assortment according using a technical and strategic approach of assorting products that drive future trends while meeting required historical analysis for our customer in line with approved seasonal strategy. Sourcing samples to ensure that product is approved in order to book products with the supplier.
- Analyse the accuracy of previous strategic plans and current trade, to draw lessons and then apply the lessons going forward to next seasonal strategy in order to effectively engage in pre-season preparation.
- Negotiate and confirm cost prices with suppliers in order to confirm that all KPI’s, width & depth, PMO & sales targets are aligned with seasonal strategic objectives.
- Analyse the current season’s trade to ensure that it is executed according to plan in order to achieve strategic targets and budget, while optimizing current opportunities in trade and managing stock levels. Review department performance for related period (week, month, floor set) for all KPI’s.
- Development of seasonal strategy that ties into the annual strategy for Sheet Street for each department that drives market share, based on post mortem analysis, trend input and market analysis, at a department and brand level in order to make product calls, define the sub-categories, build categories and identify the pricing in line with targeted KPI’s in collaboration with planner.
- Prepare samples (using samples for review utilizing product development, retail and overseas suppliers and mock up samples) to gain approval for execution.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint And Excel).
- University Degree: Bachelor of Commerce Degree/ textile degree / interior design or related.
- Knowledge of Homeware products, textile and softs, Commercial acumen, Quality Standards &Fabrications.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Mathematics Skills.
- Business understanding of the Management of Merchant Cycle, Systems (Redworld, Redworld MIS, Redworld Ordering and Assortment Planning, RedInfo, E-focus).
- 3+ Years Retail buying experience / Retail Experience.
- Presentation Skills.
Company: Mr Price
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KWAZULU-NATAL, SA
Application Deadline: N/A