Website Mr Price
This is undertaken through management of a Portfolio Management team dedicated to each area of responsibility, and active participation in the relevant Executive Committees of the business units assigned.
Essentially, this role exists to translate and deliver strategic intent into operational execution for all technology related requirements.
- Plan, implement & evaluate IT service delivery and project execution in a specific area(s) of the business to align with the standard service management matrix (incl. SLAs).
- Contribute to the development of the IT divisional strategy.
- Manage related IT vendors and contractors, including activities such as selecting vendors, negotiating contracts, controlling costs, reducing vendor-related risks and ensuring service delivery
- Actively engage with internal (Mr Price Group) clients to interpret business IT requirements, consult and provide expertise & advice.
- Ensure that, at all times, the technology landscape within the realm of control is secure and, as far as possible, safe from any external hacking or phishing attacks that could cause reputational damage and or information leakage.
- Develop departmental budget and monitor/control spend in order to deliver strategy. Collaborate with other IT executives to ensure financial feasibility where there are departmental/project overlaps – where the primary financial responsibility sits in another department, there is always a secondary responsibility to deliver within budget.
- Translate business strategy into tactical IT strategies to address key business requirements, drive capability and produce delivery road-maps & associated domain architecture.
- Ensure that the workload within the team is distributed fairly and in line with the team’s priorities and skills to deliver on departmental KPI’s / targets. Keep abreast of talent pool to contribute to the recruitment of top talent. Drive succession, training and development within the team to ensure resource capability and business continuity.
- You have 8-10 years experience within the IT industry AND 4-6 years management experience. Ideally working in or with a retail & logistics environment
- A completed degree or diploma in Computer Science or Business Management, or, similar relevant field
- You have a proven track record in the interaction with, and strategy formulation of, business units
Company: Mr Price
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KWAZULU-NATAL, SA
Application Deadline: N/A