- Ensure that on base is attended to and all entries are processed efficiently.
- Ensure that all inventory transactions including receipts, stock transfers to other branches to other branches and issue receipts are accounted for properly in manual records and inventory software on a timely manner.
- Ensure proper internal controls are put in place in the stores environment and these controls are strictly adhered to.
- Ensuring that the sub-ordinates at Stores keep the stores in good condition and safe guarded from any threat of damage and loss of stored items.
- Producing accurate monthly inventory reports for Logistics Manager.
- The overall supervisor of all existing Stores and ensuring that goods are properly taken charge and issued.
- Ensure good housekeeping to outside storage areas including coil area, daily stock count of all bulk areas is conducted and inspect all areas for leaks and damage to motors and pumps.
- Organise and facilitate stock takes at regular intervals to ensure that minimum 33% of total stockholding is counted on monthly basis.
- Ensure to update the systems with the appropriate re-order level and re-order quantity and advising the Logistics Manager on items, which have reached the re-order level.
- Any other relevant duties as may be delegated by the Logistics Manager and other Superiors.
- Coach the team on a daily basis of the stores procedure to effectively meet the objectives of the department.
- Ensure successful implementation of Can Do! Excellent practices i.e Team work, Visual Management, Focused Improvement. 5s and Assert Care.
- Assist the Logistics Manager in maintaining the smooth operation of the stores
- Ensure that the 90 days report is attended to and no items goes beyond 90 days uncounted.
- Ensuring goods received are properly stored in the designated locations and new items are tagged properly and recorded in the system.
- Ensuring that the continuous and ad-hoc stock-checks are carried out by the stores staff under supervision and that any discrepancies are investigated and reported to the management promptly.
- National Diploma in Logistics/Supply Chain or any related field
- Strong Team orientation
- Stores SOP development/update experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality management systems
- MRP/ERP experience i.e JDE, Qlickview and OnBase
- Matric Certificate
- At least 5 years’ experience in a stores/distribution warehouse environment in FMCG industry and 2 years’ experience in a management level.
- Ability to identify and implemented continuous improvement initiatives.
- Good communication skills
- Inter-personal and team interaction skills
- Excellent Troubleshooting ad fault finding abilities.
- Inventory Management systems knowledge and experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A