To manage, control and attend to contractor audits, desktop assessments and enforce correct interpretation of the Nedbank Homeowners insurance policy with panel service providers and clients. Perform a mentoring and coaching support function to the NI claims assessors and service providers on products and technical aspects where specialised knowledge is required in resolving intricate challenges regarding claims relevant to Homeowners insurance policy cover.
- Risk management, detect and identify fraudulent claims and any overcharging by clients and service providers. Perform risk management function by identifying underwriting risks and identifying inadequate Sum Insureds of dwellings for physical RCV where necessary. Ensure adherence to all legislative requirements.
- Reporting and operational efficiency. Ensure quality and accuracy of reports, pricing and workmanship rendered by service providers.
- Managing the cost from the start of the claim until the claim is finalized within the set parameters and agreed scope of work;
- Handling and resolving complaints and queries from clients, internal stakeholders as well as external stakeholders such as builders, engineers etc.
- Validation of claims by means of underwriting, review of previous claims history and referencing and verifying the details of the insured peril as reported by the service provider in line with the relevant policy wording
- Quantification and cost management in determining the scope of work compared to agreed rates on buildings related claims as well a ensuring visible damages are reflected on the mandatory photos from the insured or service provider
- Industry trends
- Principles of financial management
- Decision-making process
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Research methodology
Qualification & Experience:
- Registered Professional Valuer, Registered Associate Valuer with SACPVP, RICS Professional member
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- 3 years experience in property valuation
Driver license essentialA tertiary qualification or significant progress towards obtaining any construction or built environment related qualification would be highly beneficial
- FAIS Accreditation or a FAIS recognized qualification will be highly beneficial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A