To drive the origination of new to bank clients and/or new products from existing client base through managing a sales team to acquire profitable new business as well as providing specialist/technical advice to Nedbank Corporate and Investment Bank (NCIB), whilst liaising with various internal and external parties to ensure high levels of client engagements, service and smooth holistic running of the Power & Infrastructure, Automotives and Transport, Freight & Logistics business.
- Provide guidance to the Client Coverage business by compiling three-year plans which are aligned to CIB and Group strategy, and evaluating and recommending changes to the three-year plans.
- Achieve business results by aligning and setting performance targets as agreed and in line with strategy and monitor performance against targets.
- Build a high-performance team by managing the performance of reports, recognising and rewarding the team appropriately and structuring and staffing the business unit effectively.
- Drive the implementation of the Client Coverage business model within CIB ensuring that all relevant structures, systems and processes support the CIB strategy.
- Manage compliance to legislative and regulatory requirements relevant to function through effectively managing risk issues and entrenching agreed policies, procedures, and guidelines within the business.
- Active participation in various HR processes e.g. talent management, transformation, succession planning and headcount planning to drive an effective people strategy for Client Coverage.
- Establish, build and maintain sound professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and direct team members, through regular engagement and communication.
- Original and lead transactions across the CIB suite of products.
- Acquire and retain clients and business through the implementation of relevant sector business plans.
- Build long term, enhanced relationships with clients, through driving exceptional client service levels, offering quality products and leveraging the different relationships the Bank holds at various levels.
- Build relationships and influence stakeholders by providing support and technical expertise.
- Build sector expertise within Client Coverage resulting in detailed sector strategies and bespoke client solutions.
- Manage costs by ensuring that spend is within budget.
- Provide clear direction to the Client Coverage team on purpose and responsibilities of each role ensuring that the “banker of the future” philosophy is entrenched in the business.
- Adhere to reporting requirements by preparing and submitting applicable reporting packs to various stakeholders as identified from time to time.
- Cultivating Networks and Partnerships
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Credit Risk Management Processes
- Relevant Regulatory Knowledge
- Governance, Risk & Controls
- Strategic Influence
- Postgraduate Business Degree or MBA
- Minimum 10 years plus relevant business experience and knowledge of corporate and investment banking, with broad multi-sectoral industry knowledge.
- Stakeholder Management
- Coverage Knowledge
- Financial Accounting Principals
- Inspiring Excellence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A