To assess credit risk of existing portfolio so that risk is managed and mitigated in line with the banks credit policy.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders by attending meetings and supporting their strategies.
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Verify that security is in place by gathering all required information.
- Sign off conditions of approval within required timeframes by checking the information called for.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Review existing portfolio to ensure alignment with bank’s credit policy and to identify cross-sell opportunities by gathering and analysing relevant information.
- Measure compliance, identify risk and make recommendations for achieving compliance by using current information and other resources available.
- Contribute to external client satisfaction by sharing knowledge and developing skills of client service team members and other stakeholders.
- Support the achievement of service level agreement standards by understanding client needs, providing guidance and recommendations and responding timeously.
- Prepare credit applications and make recommendations based on the findings, within credit parameters.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.)
- Monitor covenant’s by obtaining latest financial information, measuring compliance and reporting breaches.
- Ensure Nedbank Group Rating requirements are met, including Basel, and Moody’s, by reviewing accounts and identifying risks.
- Achieve targets by using management information systems to measure performance.
- Manage risk by monitoring reports, including excess report, within expected timeframes, identifying potential risks and taking corrective action to ensure risk compliance.
- Business Banking experience / exposure is an advantage
- Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Data analysis
- NQF Level 5 or 6 qualification (Degree or diploma) that includes accounting.
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Working with a group or independently to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Sharing information in different ways to increase others’ understanding
- Managing conflict situations
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Minimum 3 years experience gained in a similar role in a financial environment.
- Banking procedures
- Managing customer expectations
- Comparing two or more sets of information
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Shepstone, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A