Responsible for authorisation of repairs and maintenance on client vehicles. Negotiate with merchants and manufacturers to obtain optimum benefits/discounts in terms of repair costs. Control maintenance spend per vehicle. Conform to laid down policy and procedures
- Highlight excessive expenses on maintenance and repairs on vehicles to the helpdesk manager.
- Resolve all Helpdesk queries i.e. merchant queries, card queries and report queries. This includes the actioning of e-mails. Refer vehicles and merchants not on the system to the helpdesk manager.
- Verify vehicle make and model and check if vehicle is still under warranty to determine aspects to be authorised.
- Check history of vehicles to determine repetition of repairs and ensure that no repeat repairs is undertaken and costs contained.
- Respond to telephone queries within the agreed service level agreements in a professional manner.
- Fax authorisation confirmation to merchants when required.
- Liase with manufacturers to assist in policy and goodwill claims
- Negotiate on behalf of the client, competitive maintenance and repair prices.
- Issue card authorisations for damaged cards.
- The helpdesk is a 24-hour service, which operates 7 days a week. Shifts or being on call will be necessary on an alternate basis
- Collate and analyse quotations and make recommendations. Ensure all quotes are in line with national norms and benchmark prices.
- Operate within approved operational mandates and parameters.
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Business terms and definitions
- Business writing
- Cluster specific operations
- Data analysis
Qualification & Experience:
- Diesil / Petrol Mechanic Diploma
- 3 – 5 years senior admin level in financial services industry
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A