Website Nelson Mandela University
No applications will be accepted after the closing date (26 August 2022) Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
- Facilitate teaching and learning in the field of Educational Psychology in the Faculty from an undergraduate to a post graduate level.
- To contribute to Faculty administration from an undergraduate to a post graduate level.
- To teach in the field of Educational Psychology at an undergraduate and post graduate level.
- To be able to develop and lead Educational Psychology as a niche area in the Faculty.
- To contribute to the development of Post Graduate Studies.
- Participate in Faculty administration
- Conduct, publish and promote research in the field of Educational Psychology.
- Participate in academic and community engagement
- Sound Technological expertise in Teaching and Learning
- Ability to adapt teaching and the development of curriculum materials to accommodate a diversity of experiences and contexts.
- A sound knowledge of assessment and evaluation.
- Be able to lead and develop curriculum in Educational Psychology as a niche area
- Be able to link the above with the scholarship of teaching and learning
Qualification & Experience:
- Be able to manage and lead Educational Psychology in Post Graduate Programs
- Proven research record specializing in the field of Educational Psychology
- At least 5 years’ experience in teaching Educational Psychology at a university level
- Registration and at least 3 years’ experience as an Educational Psychologist
- Sound disciplinary and content knowledge in Educational Psychology related modules
- PHD degree with a focus on Educational Psychology
- Qualification and/or experiences must reflect a sound knowledge of the field of Educational Psychology
- Additional experience and Registration as a Clinical Psychologist will be an added advantage
- Possession of academic qualifications in Education related field
- Experience in supervising or co-supervising students at post graduate level
Company: Nelson Mandela University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gqebera, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A