Website Nelson Mandela University
To facilitate the learning process in Financial Accounting/Corporate Financial Reporting for undergraduate students enrolled for the BCom General Accounting extended studies programme and first year main stream accounting modules on George campus as it relates the extended studies programmes.
- Coordinate projects to contribute to the Department’s engagement output.
- Contribute to the Departmental research output.
- Facilitate the learning process in Financial Accounting/Corporate Financial Reporting (by taking responsibility for course material, lectures, tutorials and setting and moderating assessments) for undergraduate students – both day and evening groups.
- Perform related administrative duties.
- Potential to facilitate learning for undergraduate students enrolled for an extended programme.
- Potential to contribute to the creation of knowledge by research and publication.
- Sound knowledge in the theory and application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), recent trends and
- developments in the field.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- The innate desire to deliver work of an excellent standard.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and a thorough understanding of trending technologies including data and/or accounting analytics;
- Experience and understanding of facilitating learning of students from underprivileged backgrounds
- Experience in blended learning practices.
- Have relevant work experience in facilitation of Financial Accounting/Corporate Financial Reporting at first year level*
- Be in possession of an honours degree or equivalent NQF level 8 qualification specialising in Financial Accounting/Corporate Reporting;
- Be registered with SAIPA or SAICA (CA(SA)) (or should have passed the professional examinations and be in the final year of obtaining the designation); and
Company: Nelson Mandela University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: George, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A