Website North West University
The position provides the school with capacity in the scarce field of ancient languages and also addresses succession planning, equity and diversity.
The person to be appointed in this position is responsible to teach primarily in the field of Greek (Koine and Ancient) and cognate fields like linguistics to undergraduate students in the relevant BA, BDiv and BTh qualifications. The person needs at least a qualification in Greek on NQF level 8 (master’s degree achieved with an average of 70%).
The position requires that the person to be appointed be familiar with recent developments in the field of Greek linguistics as well as teaching and learning of Greek (Koine and Ancient), and subsequently contribute to research in these fields. Evidence of published research will therefore be recommended.
- Teaching and Learning
- Research and Innovation
- Community Engagement
- 1-year teaching experience in a tertiary institution
- 1-year experience in guidance of honours students.
- Applicants’ academic average of 70 % is essential.
- 1-year experience in research output is essential
- Membership of relevant scholarly societies
- Master’s degree in Greek (NQF Level 9).
- Please attach proof of results in your application.
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A