Website North West University
The Strategic Intelligence Officer is responsible for management information and basic strategic intelligence that complement the department’s efforts in informing business planning, business development, and marketing goals and objectives. The Strategic Intelligence Officer is in a position to give back-up and support to the Strategic Intelligence Specialist while developing skills and knowledge in the Strategic Intelligence environment in order to become a methodical, data-driven problem solver. The Strategic Intelligence Officer must be collaborative and able to dig into and build an analytical understanding of the data warehouse in order to provide relevant data and information that speaks to reporting needs. It is crucial that the Strategic Intelligence Officer is able to assist in developing platforms to disseminate data, information, and knowledge in an optimal and timely method. Furthermore, the role is used to manage and complete ad-hoc data requests and reports. This position offers the opportunity to develop and build expertise in sector-focused strategies. As a key information steward within an evolving organisation, the Strategic Intelligence Officer must enjoy and excel at working cross-functioning objectivity to produce actionable reports.
- Develop plans to materialize strategy and analyse business proposals.
- Ensure that accurate and reliable data is available to CIGS during the Annual and Performance Report Process.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Interrogate data to increase and optimize student success, subsidy generation, intervention targeting, and other business outcomes.
- Research NWU to identify threats and opportunities
- Build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. ETL, reporting tools, web) as designed by the Specialist.
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis.
- Monitor and report on various compliance issues relating to CIGS, the Registrar, and People and Culture such as timesheet completion, conflict of interest, the risk register etc.
- Create visualizations and reports.
- Understanding and shape the company’s strategy and mission.
- Develop to monitor data accuracy.
- Basic understanding of qualitative research.
- Research sector to identify threats and opportunities
- Monitor and analyse sector trends and changes.
- Basic SQL programming
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Excel in individual and team-based work
- Good writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and abstract reasoning skills
- 2 years’ experience in Business Intelligence
- 2 years’ experience in Higher Education
- Development knowledge in BI platforms (such as HEDA, or PowerBI) is desirable
- Knowledge of NWU data lifecycles in desirable
- Basic knowledge of SSIS, SSAS, SSRS application
- Basic knowledge about HEMIS and other Higher Education sector processes
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A