- Manage, train and give guidance to prosecutors.
- Study case dockets, decide on the institution of and conduct criminal proceedings.
- Perform all duties related thereto in accordance with the code of conduct, policy and directives of the NPA.
- Assist the Senior Public Prosecutor with the performance assessment of staff.
- Perform general administrative duties of the office.
- Promote partner integration, community involvement and customer satisfaction in conjunction with partners in the criminal justice system.
- Maintenance matters and inquest of a general and more advanced nature in the Regional and District Court.
- Prepare cases for court and draft charge sheets and other proceedings for court.
- Present and assist prosecutors to present the State’s case in court, to lead witnesses, cross examine and address the court on inter alia, conviction and sentence, and in general to conduct prosecutions on behalf of the State.
- An LLB or any appropriate legal qualification for serving prosecutors.
- Must manage, give guidance and train prosecutors.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Demonstrable competency in acting Independently, Professionally, Accountable and with Credibility.
- The incumbent must have the ability to act independently or within minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in prosecuting, guiding investigation and giving instructions in complex or more difficult common law and statutory offences in Regional and District Court.
- Draft complex charge sheets and complex court documents.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least six years post qualification legal experience. Good management skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A