Website North West University
Engaging in teaching and learning, research supervision of Masters and/or PHD students and writing publications within Computer Science fields.
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating the school’s teaching-learning programmes and other activities.
- Developing own professional and academic leadership and management skills, with a view to academic leadership and effective quality management in the school.
- Teaching Computer Science modules at undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- Mentoring project students at honours level
- Conducting scholarly research in the key areas of the School and research centre.
- Publishing in high-impact journals and books.
- Supervision of masters and doctoral students.
- Writing of research proposals and securing funding.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relations and client service orientation.
- Ability to assist and or take lead in module/programme development
- Ability to provide guidance to Master’s and Ph.D. degree dissertations
- Excellent administrative and management skills
- A proven track record of management experience
- Ability to teach Computer Science modules at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Ability to liaise with industry for co-operative research with the focus of the School and the research entity
- Excellent planning, implementing and evaluating skills – regarding teaching-learning programmes
- Ability to function under pressure
- 5 years’ proven research track record within the Computer Sciences field
- Proven experience in community service
- 5 years’ experience in Higher education teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- 5 years’ experience in the supervision of Masters and Ph.D. students
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North West, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A