Website Omnia Holdings
- Ensure that the necessary incident investigation takes place.
- Ensure that the necessary documentation and administration of health and safety matters are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that regulatory processes and process changes are followed and updated and recorded
- Assess and monitor Safety Rep inspections
- Ensures that first-line supervision conduct regular inspections of sites, vehicles and equipment and that they ensure that standards are maintained
- Monitor safe usage of PPE
- Cultivates a quality management culture on site
- Cultivates a culture among staff of neatness, cleanliness, and orderliness in line with sheq requirements
- Report and follow up any unusual situation or condition
- Audit work areas and ensure house-keeping practises are implemented and adhered to
- Ensure that inspections are carried out so that risks are identified and that the necessary risk management is conducted.
- Ensure that prescribed audits are conducted and that the recommendations are acted upon.
- Perform routine safety, health, environmental and quality inspections
- Identify and eliminate/minimise exposure to potential hazards
- Assist and provide full support to the site management with all SHERQ related problems.
- Ensures adherence to SHERQ requirements by all employees on site
- Ensure that notice boards are correct / up to date and communicated to employees
- Identify and report on any non-conformances
- Ensure that all the requirements of the mine health and safety act, OHS act, and statutory requirements are met on sites.
- Ensure that staff working at the sites meet all the statutory, legal and BME SHERQ requirements.
- Report, verify and co-ordinate the site statistical information
- Facilitate evaluation of the tasks identified for the purpose of determining critical tasks.
- Maintain and update electronic information systems
- Manage Sign off on all register files – monthly
- Ensure Red file is updated at all times
- To build effective relationships with relevant external stakeholders to deliver on the mandate of the role
- Attention to Detail – Job requires attention to detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Quick reaction to deal with immediate problems
- Able to perform required audits and inspections
- Able to report on problems clearly and accurately
- Comsoc 1 & 2
- Drivers License
- 3 years demonstrated SHERQ experience in a mining environment
- 2 years demonstrated experience in general administration
- Diploma in Safety Management or equivalent
- Ms Office (Ms Explorer, Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Outlook)
Company: Omnia Holdings
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kathu, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A