Website University of the Witwatersrand
The incumbent will join a dynamic and energetic team who would be required to design and produce a wide variety of electronic/digital and printed material of a predominantly promotional nature in order to promote the image of Wits to both external and internal customers of the University. Types of material would include but not limited to invitations, logo development, brochures for web and hardcopy, reports, digital collateral for platforms such as Zoom, etc. The role also includes conceptualisation, design and layout optimised for digital applications, obtaining alternative quotes where required to ensure any printed material is produced to specification and overseeing any printing to finalisation. The branding and general look and feel of all material are to be consistent with the broader vision and strategy of the University and corporate identity guidelines.
- Client liaison: develop and maintain professional relationships with all clients on the University campus to ensure service excellence ethic is upheld and that client needs are clearly understood and met timeously.
- Production and repro: understand the technical process of repro and print to ensure the correct outcome is achieved, e.g. data compression, data conversion, scanning of images, digital prints.
- Conceptualisation, design and layout: professional design and layout of a wide range of digital material suitable for multiple digital platforms, print publications, marketing and promotional material for both internal customers (other departments within the University) and external customers (potential students or general public).
- Production and supplier management: ongoing liaison and communication with a variety of suppliers, e.g. printers, sales representatives, estimators, and specialist production houses. Deal with incoming invoices and quotations and negotiating best prices.
- Good understanding and use of the English language.
- Able to meet deadlines
- A creative and conceptual thinker, proactive, takes initiative.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new software and technology in design field.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma or equivalent in graphic design.
- Three to five years of working experience in a design environment.
- Experience in Adobe suite, InDesign, Illustrator, use of Photoshop
Company: University of the Witwatersrand
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Application Deadline: N/A