We are seeking an experienced individual who has extensive knowledge/experience of ISO standards with a proven track record of overseeing and managing a team of technical and administrative staff within a similar environment. This individual’s track record must include motivating and engaging employees, responding to service delivery needs within this location and positively interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
- Foster a quality culture in the PathCare environment.
- Manage the QA division and its staff
- Develop and implement an effective internal audit programme according to relevant ISO standards.
- Manage accreditation status of all laboratories within the PathCare Group.
- Develop and implement effective SOP’s, QA Policies and related systems.
- Identify areas for improvement of systems, focused on lean concepts and reduction of waste.
- Lead the QA division in alignment with PathCare strategy and values.
- Ensure effective compliance to relevant legislation/ accreditation requirements Nationally and Internationally.
- Ability to proactively and positively influence and motivate staff, evoking a sense of purpose, effectively lead change management and focus on team building and conflict management
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and display resilience and tenacity in challenging situations
- Ability to optimise processes to achieve maximum efficiencies through innovative thinking and proactive problem-solving
- Current registration with the HPCSA
- Extensive experience in writing SOP’s
- Presentation skills
- Must ideally have a minimum of 5 years’ line management experience at laboratory manager level with direct reports (e.g. people, processes, financial systems and control)
- Effective verbal and electronic communication skills (including report writing)
- Experience in technical procedure implementation
- Advanced interpersonal relations and conflict resolution skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience as an external auditor will be advantageous
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 standard, ISO/IEC 17025 standard, Occupational Health and Safety Act of South Africa, OHSAS 18001 and SANAS requirements
- Experience in auditing technique
- Effective decision-making, planning and project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of developing and implementing ISO standards i.e. Quality Assurance/Quality Control mechanisms, Quality Management systems and Lean principles
- Experience in managing and delivering Quality Assurance processes
- Pathology laboratory
- Excellent attention to detail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A