Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Shiftboss, the role will control the ore extraction to ensure optimal utilisation of people and equipment to obtain production and safety targets.
- Enforce and ensure that people wear the correct PPE at all times.
- Ensures that the necessary safety precautions are taken before detonating explosives.
- Monitor and maintain a safe and healthy working environment in the work place.
- Responsible to conduct start of shift waiting place procedure i.e. safety meetings and general communication to team.
- Responsible to make unsafe areas safe and where not possible the area to be barricaded and reported to supervisor for further evaluation and appropriate action to be taken.
- Responsible for examining, making and declaring workplaces safe and healthy for work.
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Drivers’ License
Qualification & Experience:
- Blasting Certificate OR National Certificate Rock breaking Underground Hard Rock Level 3.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant mining experience after obtaining a blasting certificate.
- Grade 12 / NQF Level 4
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A