Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to the Engineering Foreman Electrical, the role will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault finding and repair of electrical equipment within the electrical discipline according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
- Responsible for the management of consumable stock levels (amongst others, spares and hydro carbons)
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act Regulations and Manufacturing and Company Standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Foreman.
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the department/section.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Participate in planning shutdowns (Planned maintenance), resources, tools and spares relevant to the shutdown activities.
- Report faults and unsafe conditions to the Central Control Room.
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Have knowledge and skill to complete job cards and record actions/findings.
- Have knowledge and skill in reading and interpreting technical diagrams, manuals and drawing
- Have knowledge and skill in diagnosing root causes of faults on machines and equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 10
- N2 Certificate
- 3 years post Apprenticeship/Qualification Electrician experience (can be concurrent with the PDL trade experience)Qualified
- Electrician Trade Certificate through a recognised institution and apprenticeship*
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A