Website Petra Diamonds
Reporting to and supporting the Manager: Contracts, this role is responsible for leading the preparation, analysis, and monitoring of contracts and tenders that involve all aspects of procurement across all operations.
- Conduct the full contract lifecycle management process i.e. receives requests, obtains estimates, updates records, initiates paperwork and follows up on request for approval of contract amendments for contract changes.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure continuous consumable and service delivery.
- Initiates and facilitates meetings with contractors concerning contractual issues as required.
- Participates in the negotiation of commercial terms and conditions of all contracts.
- Monitors Company performance and adherence to Mining Charter targets and implement strategic objectives for compliance and assist in the reporting thereof.
- Effective Team Player and Effective Self-Management Management.
- Tracks authorizations and contract related correspondence.
- Coordinates the compilation and preparation of all contract bidding documentation, including bidders list, inquiry, requests for proposal and recommendations for award of contract in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Establish & maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system with the Supply Chain Function.
- Performs contract closing activities as needed.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders including community leaders, DMRE personnel and auditors.
- Monitors contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contractor and contract owner deliverables.
- Takes cognisance of and adhere to Company policies, procedures and relevant legislation. Manage and report on non compliance issues.
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Safety, Health and Environment Vision and Values. Manage and report on non compliance issues.
- Draft contracts based on standard terms and conditions for approval by management.
- Maintains an audit footprint for each contract which includes original contract, all correspondence to and from the contractor, contract change requests, approved variations, amendments and clarifications.
- Conducting contract price adjustments in line with contract terms and conditions.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an understanding of supplier management principles and practices.
- 5 years’ plus experience in a Procurement environment that includes but not limited to negotiations in strategic contracts.
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite.
- Apply procurement principles and practices.
- Analyse the information gathered and compile the necessary process reports.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and experience in Procurement management and contract management system/s.
- National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Law or Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Compiling tenders and contracts.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Company: Petra Diamonds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cullinan, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A