Website Rand Water
Reporting to the Electrical Foreman the successful candidate will provide assistance and support to the Electrician in order to assist in the maintaining of electrical plant and installation at Zuikerbosch Water Treatment Plant.
- Digging of trenches and installation and removal of electrical cables
- Housekeeping of electrical equipment and work area after work has been done.
- Inspection of portable electrical equipment
- Assist the Artisan with general electrical maintenance tasks including cable work, stripping, repairing, and in assembling various types of electrical plant and equipment. Also doing inspections.
- General assistance by identifying, handling of tools, power tools, power tools and testing equipment.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed when working with tolls and equipment.
- Minor electrical repairs
- Inspect and repair all lighting on site.
- Perform standby duties and working overtime as and when required.
- Ensure all required defects and work instructions are completed and handed in timeously after completion of tasks.
- Carry out general work as determined by foreman.
- Keep workplace environment hygienically clean
- Loading and unloading of tools and electrical motors.
- Assist in Electrical Stores as from time to time when required.
- Cleaning and maintain tools and equipment
- Cleaning of MCC’s and electrical panels
- Completion of work orders
- Ability to do problem solving
- Grade 12 coupled with N1 in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to understand electrical work instruction/procedures
- Ability to perform basic electrical fault finding
- General maintenance
- Basic safety knowledge
- Ability to do minor electrical repairs
- Ability to work an elevated heights and in confined spaces.
- One year working experience in an Electrical workshop environment
- Successful completion of a basic electricity training/course will serve as an added advantage
- Drivers licence will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate well (both verbally and writing)
- Ability to complete job cards
- Knowledge of the electrical field
- Basic hand tools
Company: Rand Water
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vereeniging, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A