Website RCL Foods
RCL Foods is seeking for SHERQ Coordinator to be based in Durban at the National Office on a Fixed Term Contract and report to the SHE Compliance Manager. The purpose of this role is to facilitate the implementation, administration, and maintenance of the Total Integrated Management System (TIMS) including legal, statutory, and risk management requirements.
- To trend and highlight recurring issues and non-compliances and recommend corrective actions.
- Participate and drive in regular performance appraisals and ensure that own targets and goals are clear and achievable.
- Reporting on SHERQ/FS incidents to relevant internal departments and external bodies
- Identifying and interpreting SHERQ/FS risks and making relevant recommendations for corrective action
- Promoting effectiveness of safety reps and employees by continuous follow-up
- Compares internal audit findings against external audit findings to identify gaps
- Leads and participates in audits and influences the outcomes through appropriate explanation and justification.
- Coaches and supports other team members where necessary to achieve objectives
- Maintain TIMS to ensure risk management, sustainability, continuous improvement and commercial benefits, improvement of product quality, food safety, environmental and occupational health and safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a basic appreciation and awareness of employee relations climate and ensure corrective action is taken where required in line with relevant legislation and company policy.
- Knowledge and understanding of internationally recognized risk management principles.
- Knowledge and understanding of all applicable SHE legislation.
Qualification & Experience:
- A three-year National degree or diploma in Safety Management or Environmental Health or equivalent. SAMTRAC/ITIS (advantageous)
- Working knowledge and experience of ISO 14001, /ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 22000, and other relevant integrated ISO Systems.
- Working knowledge and experience of Marsh Risk Management Standards.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Relevant recognized certification in Lead Auditing would be advantageous
Company: RCL Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A