Website SA Navy
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership in relation to the provision of socio-economic support services to military veterans.
- Manage the development and implementation of legislative framework, policies and procedures that will guide the provision of socio-economic support services to military veterans.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership in the process of ensuring that the unique socio-economic needs of military veterans are provided for.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership in the provision of comprehensive socio-economic support services to military veterans and their dependents i.e housing, pensions, public transport, education and social relief of distress.
- Manage the engagement with other branches within the department in order to ensure that suitable military veterans are given priority when appointments and placements to posts are done.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership in securing job & business opportunities and placements for military veterans.
- Oversee the provision of support to military veterans on all relevant economic and socially related matters.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Military Veterans Act.
- Knowledge of Socio-economic environment and its factors, Government wide policies and the ability to interpret and apply policies and legislations.
- Skills: Report writing, Research, Presentation, Analytical, Motivational, Decision making, Facilitation, Strategic planning and Project Management.
- Personal attributes: Interpersonal relations, Integrity, Confidential, Courteous, Responsive, Fairness, Credibility, Commitment and be Compassionate.
- Must be knowledgeable in the following Core Competencies: Strategic Capability and Leadership,
- Programme and Project Management, Change Management, Financial Management and People Management and Empowerment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or an undergraduate qualification (NQF level 7) as recognised by SAQA plus an extensive 6 to 10 years of experience at senior management level within the Public Service or a similar environment executing socio-economic related duties at senior management level.
Company: SA Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A