Website South African Medical Research Council
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression.
- Provide daily updates to Managers on matters pertinent to participant recruitment, retention and adherence
- Implement a Geographic Positioning System (GPS) and track outcomes
- Implement retention and adherence plans to fulfil protocol requirements
- Assist the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) to plan and prepare for community and stakeholder engagements
- Identify and keep records of new catchment areas for participant recruitment
- Network and liaise with community members, stakeholders and peer educators
- Work on observational studies, prevention studies, treatment studies including COVID-19 studies
- Screen potential participants for eligibility, monitor outcomes and document statistics
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office packages.
- Written and verbal fluency in isiZulu and English
- A Code 8 manual driver’s license is essential for the above post as the incumbent will be required to drive the company vehicle when necessary.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 certificate (Matric) or similar relevant qualification or higher
- 1-2 years’ relevant experience in community education and outreach
- Relevant 1–2-year qualification in social, health, human sciences, or related field or similar higher qualification
Company: South African Medical Research Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A