Website South African National Blood Service
The purpose of this role is to plan, execute and finalise procurement strategies for spend across the organisation (Manage tender process and contracts). This includes acquiring resources within budget and facilitating communication between the organisation and its providers.
- Communicate Procurement strategy to stakeholders and formulate plans to facilitate implementation of strategy.
- Group accountability of Procurement and supply chain across all Categories of purchased
- Management of 3 segmented Portfolios of Category of procurement spend across the group.
- Ensure that all governance structures both within the department and at corporate level are operational
- Ensure that any deviations from the procurement policies and procedures are duly approved by persons with appropriate authority.
- Build staff morale and motivate team by ensuring regular two-way communication with staff on all general staff matters such as
- Principles of Excellence, team building, SOP’s, policy changes, etc. through meetings with agenda & minutes.
- Deal with conflict and disciplinary issues and takes appropriate corrective actions in accordance with SANBS Policy on matters related to misconduct & incapacity (performance & ill-health), with a view to improving productivity.
- Provide management with strategic information as it relates to Procurement practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience in using SAP as an ERP system.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Procurement of which at least 3 years should be at Management /Senior Management level.
- 3 -5years Strategic Sourcing. Contract & Tender management and supplier relations experience is required.
Company: South African National Blood Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A