As a Strategy Principal, you will play a key role in formulating, driving and pivoting the strategy behind how Sanlam uses technology to achieve their objectives and drive differentiated market propositions, which includes shaping objectives, defining how objectives will be met, and being a part of guiding and measuring implementation. Expect to receive guidance from, and report to Senior Mangers. The successful candidate will work with minimum supervision and exercise sufficient discretion and independent judgment. The incumbent will partner with senior Sanlam executives, taking on the role of trusted advisor, to bring forward-thinking solutions to the Group and Clusters within. In doing so the incumbent will increase understanding of complex business problems from diverse perspectives and develop new skills. Take ownership of communication and reporting for key executive engagements. You will work with Sanlam’s strategic partners to drive research and craft insight into solutions
- Ability to structure strategy into tangible action plans and capability-level change requirements.
- Knowledge of enterprise technology and data practices, trends, challenges, operating model considerations and structuring transformation plans.
- Understanding of, or experience in, financial services.
Good numerical and analytical skills, as well as data aggregation and analysis.
- Information system delivery service
- Business Requirements definition
- Service Level Agreements and management
Qualification & Experience:
- Considerable strategy and technology strategy development experience, preferably within Tier 1 consulting firms or working as part of a strategy team in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- CA (SA) or engineering qualifications may help you with analytical part of the role
- University degree with 5 to 7 years relevant industry experience within technology strategy or strategy consulting equivalent
- Ideal candidate will possess previous strategy experience, preferably in a Tier 1 consulting environment and have strong business acumen and understanding of the environment in which Sanlam operates
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A