Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Dry End Controller to operate the dry end system, including dryer groups, steam and condensate system, PV system etc. according to Best operating practices and to ensure maximum availability and quality paper production by being pro-active in identifying and rectifying negative impacts on the Dryer section.
- Feed the paper tail on start-up, from the first dryer section to the Pope reel and control dry end draws.
- Remove paper jams up during paper breaks.
- Operate console and control panels for dryer section, calendar stack and pope reel.
- Produce paper in accordance with MPS requirements and coordinate changes in basis weight, trim and speed changes with Process Controller and Winderman.
- Perform reel turn up’s according to Best operating practices to minimise Heel slab and clear return spools.
- Operate dry end size press Repulpers.
- Inspect the sheet for quality defects and communicate the information to the Winderman and Process Controller.
- Check and correct all PV fans and air make-up units on mezzanine floors.
- Control paper roughness for the various grades, according to Best operating practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Matric with Maths and Science or N3 Pulp and Paper
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on a Paper Machine manufacturing process
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ngodwana, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A