Sappi Southern Africa requires a Business Process Engineer to drive the development of detailed business requirements (SAP / Non-SAP) and coordinate the analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of business processes and system improvements within Finance. Maintain Finance and Controlling integration from SAP/Non-SAP modules from SD, PM, MM and PP into FI/CO followed through to BW and BPC for end-users and business process owners.
- Analyse the impact of a requirement or scope changes and make recommendations to the business owners on how to mitigate it.
- Develop detailed business process flows and include how technology solutions will enable the business processes.
- Prioritise and validate requirements and obtain approval as per the agreed framework for the scope of the solution. Develop the business case that reflects the value and cost of the changes.
- Evaluate and develop solution options to present to business. Research best practices inside and outside Sappi to take into consideration.
- Contribute to the development of the system testing approach, test cases, test data and testing scenarios (including regression and negative testing).
- Recommend solution alternatives to business owners.
- Provide specific business area subject matter input and facilitate the development of business requirements for new or improved business and system processes. Use techniques such as brainstorming, document analysis, focus groups, requirements workshops and prototyping to obtain complete and accurate business requirements.
- SAP FI/CO system certification relevant to the specific business area would be an advantage
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting / CIMA
- 5 – 8 years accounting / controlling experience
- 5 years of experience with Process Design, Deployment and/or support experience utilizing and configuring the SAP FICO module with a heavy focus in Product Costing, Cost Center/Profit, Center/Internal Order Accounting, General Ledger, Intercompany/Intracompany setups, Sales and Distribution FI integration.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A