Sappi Global Business Services requires a Senior Contracts Manager to provide administration guidance, negotiation and contract management support and facilitation of contracts between legal counsel, Project Engineers and Procurement and all Sappi Southern Africa business units as well as provide support to legal counsel in the vetting and drafting of minor commercial contracts.
- Review bank or insurance guarantees provided by contractors to ensure compliance with Sappi standard template.
- In collaboration with the responsible engineer, Procurement and Legal Counsel resolve contractual disputes and prepare quantify and assess contractor claims related to Engineering and make recommendations on the process to resolve same.
- Seek guidance and approval from Legal Counsel for deviations from the standard template.
- Negotiate and collaborate with external and internal staff until consensus is reached on the final contract so as to ensure that it is an effective tool to manage / mitigate risk effectively.
- Establish and maintain an effective documentation and contract records management system for Capital Project contract documents, records, changes, information sheets, contract changes, status reports and original bank guarantees and ensure that they are indexed and maintained in an orderly manner and administer contractors contract change notices.
- Monitor the engineering contracts and report proactively to the Project Engineer or Engineer on possible claims from the Contractor
- Assist project stakeholders with the analysis and review of the bidder’s returnable schedule and ensure dispatch to the correct internal disciplines for review and comment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Paralegal qualification
- 5 years’ experience within a project Engineering / Manufacturing environment
- 5 years’ experience reviewing Engineering Contracts / Procurement Contracts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umhlanga, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A