Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
The purpose of this role is to provide advice and guidance in the execution of audits and independently plan and conduct highly complex audits across multiple tax types, multiple periods with multiple risks, understanding the risk implications across other tax types, in compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, practice area and associated procedures and execute the implementation of change and innovation.
- Analyse and make recommendations about improvements to specialist systems, procedures and associated area’s practice.
- Contribute to the optimum utilisation of org. resources, advising on effective planning and development of area of specialisation resource plans.
- Develop and/or align governance and compliance policies for own practice area to identify and manage risk exposure liability
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organisation knowledge management.
- Optimise goal achievement through tactical strategy implementation and optimisation of practises, processes & systems across an internal value chain.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Translate top down policy in relation to own practice area and communicate impact to relevant stakeholders.
- Plan for value-added, continuous practice & system improvements to deliver on objectives to enhance tactical implementation and excellence.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; best practice implementation solutions.
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge & experience to identify & recommend tactical solutions to defined problems in practices.
- Develop a single practice area in alignment with operational activity and procedural frameworks and ensure tactical implementation.
- Integrate business information, compare, analyse & produce reports to identify trends, discrepancies & inconsistencies for decision making purposes.
- Enable a culture where information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice and practice thought leadership in area of expertise.
- To enable Specialised audit to achieve indepth audit case targets
- Business Knowledge
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Efficiency improvement
- Financial Accounting
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ Audit experience, of which 3-4 years ideally at operational specialist level
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A