Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
The Manager will be accountable for the development of a high performing, diverse, agile, engaged and evolved workforce. Contribute to the optimum utilization of resources, advising on effective planning and development of area of specialization. S/he will be accountable for the technical team delivery, formulate tactical strategies and associated delivery plans within the Websphere Application Server environment. S/he must manage the relationship between Technology Services and Business to determine specific requirements and control the service delivery and support of required Websphere Application services. The role falls within the Design and Enablement Cluster.
- Manage Websphere Application Server (WAS) support for application development and application support teams.
- Implement tactical strategy and delivery plans through the development of operational activities, ensuring the achievement of operational targets, focussing on the Websphere Application Server domain.
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign tactical strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation for WebSphere Application Server and related projects.
- Accountable for the welfare and management of team member’s deliverables.
- Develop and ensure implementation of practices which builds service delivery excellence and encourages others to provide exceptional client service.
- Ensure integrity, availability and performance on all Websphere Application Server (WAS) environments.
- Develop & implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery & efficiency targets, on budget & in partnership with specialised area.
- Provide technical support, maintenance and make recommendations for operational efficiency
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a practice in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks within the WAS domain.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions, with specific focus on Websphere Application Server.
- Act as the bottom-line drivers of tactical implementation within the context of business unit excellence and performance improvement.
- Encourage and enable teamwork, by enabling collaboration with others and commitment to pursuing set goals.
- Responsible for capacity planning, space management and maintenance activities for the Websphere Application Server (WAS) environment
- Direct, control, coordinate and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives and deliver agreed results and productivity requirements.
- B.Information Technology AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at junior management level
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A