Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To formulate tactical strategy and associated delivery plans related to a single practice area, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation through the achievement of Regional Director objectives, through a range of administrative, financial, and managerial tasks, to enable tactical translation and operational implementation.
- Ensure efficient and effective follow-through and quick turnaround times for query resolution, meeting of deadlines and electronic correspondence.
- Ensure that Departmental impacts have been explored and all risks (internal and external programmes) have been identified and mitigation strategies developed.
- Conduct quality assurance inspections across teams to ensure that all work conducted is on standard and comply with defined processes and procedures.
- Ensure effective functioning of the office with emphasis on the administrative documentation and management support side.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a new reporting ethos that focuses on standardisation and uniformity.
- Provide quality assurance for divisional reports, as well as taking minutes for divisional meetings.
- Research, analyse information and compile complex documents for the Commissioner or Regional Director and lead the Executive special projects.
- Research and compile comprehensive documents/presentations for the Commissioner or Regional Director
- Scrutinize complex submissions/reports and make abbreviated notes and/or recommendations for the Commissioner or Regional Director with regards to these documents.
- Prepare and manage all reports, correspondence and documents for the Commissioner or Regional Director, including the monitoring of the document management system.
- Provide professional input and support in preparing reports for the Commissioner and/or Minister and/or Regional Director as well as divisional reports, submissions, and approvals.
- Ensure effective relationship and liaison between the Office of the Commissioner and the Office of the Regional Director.
- Prepare and co-ordinate submissions for quarterly and periodic reporting with the responsible portfolio committees, steercoms, etc.
- Set up and maintain systems in the Office of the Commissioner or Regional Director that will contribute towards improving efficiency in the office.
- Provide strategic support to the Commissioner or Regional Director on the day-to-day office management.
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of resolutions from Management Committee meetings.
- Provide support in dealing with ad hoc requests as they arise e.g. interviews, submissions, offer letters etc.
- Manage the departmental risk register and coordinate Audit processes on behalf of the Commissioner or Regional Director.
- Plan & implement enhanced organisational efficiency by identifying and addressing development requirements & providing tools for people resources.
- Develop & implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery & efficiency targets, on budget & in partnership with specialised area.
- Develop and ensure implementation of practices which builds service delivery excellence and encourages others to provide exceptional client service.
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dooringkloof, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A