Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
To formulate tactical strategy and associated delivery plans related to a single practice area, by leading and managing an audit team to ensure effectiveness of audit operations across multi tax types, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation through the achievement of Audit objectives.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions.
- Timeously communicate top down policy and associated single practice area modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation
- Own end-to-end audits conducted, including finalisation of objections and appeals
- Develop and maintain a team that is capable for operating to their full capability and provide appropriate skills, knowledge and experience
- Accompany auditors in interaction and engagement with the taxpayer, where required
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area
- Manage significant cases, minimise the risks identified and assist in the development of tax and customs legislation where required
- Develop and ensure implementation of practices which builds service delivery excellence and encourages others to provide exceptional client service
- Enforce compliance management through adherence to technical standards and all relevant legal and SARS requirements.
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign tactical strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Translate performance expectations into specific metrics and goals to identify and provide effective services, solve problems and achieve objectives
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and execute the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation.
- Plan & implement enhanced organisational efficiency by identifying and addressing development requirements & providing tools for people resources
- Operational Audit
- Business Knowledge
- Tax Knowledge
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at junior management level OR Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience
- Tax Compliance Auditing
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gqeberha, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A