The Senior Process Engineer delivers capital projects and engineering studies as study lead from Sasol’s BD&I model idea generation to feasibility and performs process engineering design and detail engineering, field verification, commissioning and start up support as part of the Fischer Tropsch licensor and ecoFT engineering support teams. The engineer is recognised as skilled and experienced in the technology of specialisation. The incumbent must be willing and available to travel abroad on short notice for extended periods of time.
- Input into end of job and phase cost and schedule estimates.
- Lead a multi-discipline team of engineers in the delivery of front-end loading packages and engineering studies to delivery on the business needs.
- In-house delivery of process engineering for licensor and equity partner early phase engineering.
- Provide quality control for process in-house generated engineering deliverables.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks.
- Development, optimisation and use of process simulation tools for in-house process engineering.
- Support with defining and implementing Process Engineering quality assurance standards to uphold the highest local and international standards.
- Guide process engineers on the proper application of work processes, design codes, standards and tools.
- Support with defining, setting, development and compliance enforcement of project specific process standards, philosophies and best practices for Process Engineering, incorporating lessons learnt and latest industry trends.
- Secondary area of specialisation, gas pipelines (wish):Hydraulic simulation sizing and debottlenecking
- Primary area of specialisation, Sasol Fischer Tropsch technology:
- Good understanding of the power to liquids and similar value chain flowsheets.
- Deep understanding of the Sasol’s Fischer Tropsch Technology.
- Knowledge and application of integrated simulations for the Fischer Tropsch Gas Loop.
Qualification & Experience:
- ECSA registration (will be required within reasonable time after appointment)
- Experience in working with project partners, licensees and licensors
- Extensive experience in multi-discipline front end and detail engineering, as well as project execution on Fischer Tropsch unit operations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A