Manager for all reporting relating to projects and fixed assets. This includes the aggregation of different SAP boxes, enablement activities and improvements actions. Ensure the integrity of all capital & fixed assets accounting and financial reporting for capital projects and fixed assets. Support with capital budget reports and with taxation. Ensure projects & fixed asset tax management. Ensures compliance to company projects & fixed asset policy and accounting standards and all governance adhered to. Provides relevant and accurate capital and fixed asset related forecasting and budgeting information.
- Guarantee the integrity of registers of fixed assets and financial reports.
- Group Interest Capitalisation: monthly, Half Year End’s, Year End’s, forecasts and budgets.
- Supportive role to other Sasol operations finance projects & fixed assets streams.
- Follow up on the alignment of assets’ capitalised interest with their expected useful life.
- Manage asset impairment effectively to reflect their current value.
- Verify that operating costs of projects are not capitalised.
- Responsible for all financial actions relating to the Secunda and Sasolburg project & asset environment.
- Administer capitalisation of interest monthly to accurately represent costs of assets and projects.
- Check the relevancy and completeness of information on financial management to enable decision making.
- Review and approve journal entries and general ledger reconciliations/ statutory schedules.
- Guide evaluation, control, and reporting of capital expenditure.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s accounting manual to enable best practices.
- Streamlining of processes and procedures, standardisation, identification of automations and digitalisations and subsequent liaising with financial business enablement and improvements.
- RCP related activities and reporting. Key projects. Results announcements. Run rates, business meetings, OPSCOM.
- Responsible for all planning relating to actual costs.
- Coordinate verifications of asset every two years and confirm that results are processed in assets registers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Post Graduate Honours degree
- 8+ relevant years
- Completed Articles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sasolburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A