The Senior Manager Projects is responsible for project management, engineering management and construction planning support, as well as coordinating all Sasol internal activities during front end loading for ecoFT equity participation projects typically executed by equity partners. This includes engagement with equity partners and assurance review teams to align gate decision and deliverable quality requirements. During the project phase execution, the Senior Manager Project will oversee the project progress by the equity partners and provide Sasol internal progress reporting. The Senior Manager Project will work closely with the ecoFT Technical Delivery manager.
- Leading the P&E Solutions project support team for ecoFT equity participation projects.
- Developing and agreeing P&E project support plans with Sasol assurance teams.
- Project development agreement input.
- Lead ecoFT project benchmarking for cost and schedule performance for end of job and phase estimates.
- Support and liaison with internal business partners, equity partners, licensees, other licensors, as well as engineering and construction contractors.
- Drive the development and implementation of systems and tools to continuously improve the execution of Sasol internal activities.
- Project management due diligence of potential equity partner project execution capabilities.
- Aligning plans and quality requirements with equity partners.
- Coordinating all Sasol internal project activities from gate 1 to gate 4.
- Manage the ecoFT equity support contractor delivery for Sasol managed scope.
- Manage Sasol risks responses on projects.
- Overseeing project execution by others.
- Custodian and driver of continuous improvement of the Sasol know-how for executing ecoFT projects.
- Petrochemical capital projects (green fields development), with knowledge in the disciplines of Engineering Management and Project
- Management across full project life cycle and particular in front end loading.
- Knowledge base related to other engineering disciplines, procurement and contracting, construction, safety, risk management, quality management and project controls.
- Good understanding of the power to liquids and similar value chain flowsheets
- External partner relationship building and management
Qualification & Experience:
- University Bachelor’s Degree Engineering
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A