Co-ordinate financial reporting requirements in the business unit for Capital projects and Fixed assets including integration of all the Energy business units. Manage and provide a comprehensive accounting service to facilitate the decision-making process related to business direction and participates in the day to day supervision of/and the execution of financial related activities. Ensures that sound financial management and reporting practices are implemented and applied in the Business and maintain sound financial reporting environment relating to capital projects and fixed assets. Ensures that effective, accurate and timely reporting to internal stakeholders and extensive knowledge of ERP system concepts and designs (SAP; BW; TM1, RCP, OneStream).
- Perform capital project tax management
- Update of relevant procedures, policies and work instructions
- Split of capital commitments between Energy and Chemicals
- Yearly schedule for Standard Measurement for Oil and Gas (SMOG)
- Compilation of annual financial budgets for interest capitalised including cost flow, capitalisation, depreciation and wear & tear budgets
- Assistance to manager in the identification of complicated financial issues to be presented to the reporting practices committee (RPC)
- Adherence to corporate governance and group asset policies and procedures
- The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Lease accounting and evaluate possible lease accounting implications
- Prepare relevant and timeous financial management information provided to enable business decision making (reporting) – Monthly reporting
- Automation and standardisation of processes across Energy operations in the projects space.
- Presenting applicable RPC papers to rest of team and keeping register of all applicable RPC papers
- Exercise relevant SOX controls in area of responsibility
- Precious metals reconciliations and taxation schedules
- The systematic computational analysis of data or statistics
- Driver’s license (Code 8/10)
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, we actively encourage and welcome persons with disabilities to apply.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience
- University Bachelor’s Degree (B Com Accounting)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A