The Sasol Manufacturing Technology Architect forms part of a core team that drives the visioning, architectural design, value definition and transformation planning through leveraging digital and other technologies
- The Manufacturing Technology Architect is also leading and orchestrating the effort of scanning the market for technology driven innovation opportunities and communicating their realistic business value expectations to business and IM leaders. The
- Manufacturing Technology Architect is a crucial enabler that will drive balance between enabling high velocity and innovation for relatively autonomous Product Teams, while at the same time protecting the integrity and end-to-end strategy of Sasol’s technology landscape.
- The Manufacturing Technology Architect drives deep collaboration on the Portfolio level with the Senior Solution Architects and Senior Platform Specialists, through regular one-to-one alignment sessions, Architecture Forums, ad-hoc discussions and Solution
- Architecture Chapter meetings. Together with Senior Solution Architects across the Product Portfolios they ensure the design of pragmatic and clear guardrails across Sasol and find ways to optimise Information Technology costs. They also engage directly with Product Owners and Portfolio Owners to understand their unfiltered views on the constraints and opportunities of the technology stacks serving each Product. The Manufacturing Technology Architect defines and ensures adherence to Enterprise Architecture standards and leveraging fit-for-purpose technologies.
- As a Manufacturing Technology Architect, you will be responsible for transforming manufacturing systems and platforms than enable plant value streams such as lab operations, process development, process control, industrial IT, manage maintenance, manage quality, manage production, manage SHE, manage logistics and Retail.
- The Manufacturing Technology Architect will work in close collaboration with Business Product owners in providing architecture and guidance for best-in-class software development, automation engineering, manufacturing systems integration, data acquisition, business intelligence solutions, Industrial Internet of Things, and specialized product development.
- Guide an enterprise implementations and global rollouts together with program and project managers
- Knowledge of MES (Manufacturing Execution System, Access Control, IIT and Retail), Manufacturing Operations concepts/systems & Plant Automation Controls
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements, value cases and roadmaps
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and customers.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Good understanding of DevOps methodology
- SAP integration projects for industrial organization (SAP PP, MM, SD, WM) modules
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands on experience of machine integrator for Shop floor equipment integration with MES
- Deep Knowledge and design experience in Microsoft Azure and OSI Soft Platforms
- Experience in managing full end to end MES implementation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A